Be the voice of your local team!
Take things a step further and become YOUR team's Official Team Reporter. Be the voice of your team and keep all the fans who can't be at the games updated with the biggest plays, scoring updates and more - for the entire season.
Official Team Reporters are assigned to every game for their team for the entire season. To become an Official Team Reporter, you must report a least two quality games for your team and then you receive an invitation. Learn more about quality games.
Benefits of becoming an Official Team Reporter
- You are the Reporter for the entire season - ALL GAMES! As an OTR, you are automatically signed up for every game on your team’s schedule.
- You will have the ability to opt out of games 1-by-1 if you know you can't make a game or two
- Ability to add or edit players on your team’s roster (no delete)
- Ability to add or edit games on your team’s schedule (no delete)
- Make updates if there is a change in date, time or opponent
- Update games with TBA dates
- Update games with TBA times
- Update games with TBA opponents
- You do not have access to delete games. If there is a game or duplicate game that needs to be removed, please e-mail TeamReports@maxpreps.com for that change.
NOTE: Please do not add scrimmages or jamboree games - only games that count toward your team’s overall record should be added to MaxPreps.
- Top scorers may earn a Official Team Reporter T-shirt
Manage your Reporter Profile
From your main MaxPreps profile, you can manage your Reporter profile. In the upper right hand corner, however over your and you now have the ability to update your profile photo!
- This photo needs to be a high-quality mug shot of yourself and it's best if your face is in the center of the image. You will see a preview of how the photo will be displayed once you upload it, and if you do not like the way it shows, you can override it by adding a new photo as needed. We recommend you square-crop your image before you upload for best results. Please do not post any logos for your profile photo.
OTR'S cool features
If you are an Official Team Reporter, your profile will have extra fields to enter your T-shirt size and mailing address. If shirts become available, we may mail you one!
Manage your team’s schedule and roster
As an Official Team Reporter, you have access to edit your team’s roster and schedule. Just use these links for access:
When you select the roster tab, you will select Athletes and you can either Add or Edit the information.
When you select the Calendar tab, you will select the Games and you can either Add the missing game or Edit the information.
Manage your games
- Use the side menus to do the following actions:
- Share your contest with fans who want to follow your game updates
- Make edits to the game
- Opt out of scoring games 1-by-1. Opting out will allow other scorers to sign up for that game so fans don’t miss out if you can’t make it.
- Sign up for games you opted out of or games that are added to your team’s schedule