Player of the Week Programs
MaxPreps has several Player of the Week programs with various partners.
We're partnered with:
- American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) (Fall: Girls & Spring: Boys)
- USA Football (USAF)
- National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA)
- Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA)
- United Soccer Coaches
How does an athlete get nominated for the award?
For all of our Player of the Week programs, a coach must enter the game-by-game stats on MaxPreps by Sunday night. Those stats are compiled into a list of top performers then on Monday mornings, the associations select the Player(s) of the Week.
What does the athlete receive for winning the award?
The athlete will receive recognition on both the MaxPreps website and the association website. They'll receive a letter, certificate and letterman patch through the mail as well as a virtual patch on their MaxPreps profile.
The number of athletes selected varies per each Player of the Week program.
- AVCA selects their athletes by state for the Girls Program (41 states currently)
- AVCA selects their athletes per region for the Boys Program (4 regions)
- USA Football selects 5 nominees per region, 8 total POTWs total
- NFCA selects their athletes per region (Spring: 5 regions/Fall:1 athlete per week)
- WBCA selects their athletes per region (9 regions)
- United Soccer Coaches selects by state (one boy & one girl per week)