MaxPreps has several Player of the Week programs with various partners.
We're partnered with:
- American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) (Fall: Girls & Spring: Boys)
- USA Football (USAF)
- National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA)
- Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA)
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA)
How does an athlete get nominated for the award?
For all of our Player of the Week programs, a coach must enter the game-by-game stats on MaxPreps by Sunday night. Those stats are compiled into a list of top performers then on Monday mornings, the associations select the Player(s) of the Week.*
What does the athlete receive for winning the award?
The athlete will receive recognition on both the MaxPreps website and the association website. They'll receive a letter, certificate and letterman patch through the mail as well as a virtual patch on their MaxPreps profile.
*The number of athletes selected varies per each Player of the Week program.
- AVCA selects their athletes by state for the Girls Program (41 states currently)
- AVCA selects their athletes per region for the Boys Program (4 regions)
- USA Football selects 5 nominees per region, 8 total POTWs total
- NFCA selects their athletes per region (Spring: 5 regions/Fall: 1 athlete per week)
- WBCA selects their athletes per region (9 regions)
- NSCAA selects by state (one boy & one girl per week)